Tuesday 20 March 2012

Lauren loves... The Hummingbird Cafe.

Not be be confused with the famous Hummingbird Bakery!


So i'm sat here, loving the Hummingbird Cafe. It's tucked away just off the Uxbridge Road, famous for it's plethera of chicken and chip shops. It's Shepherds Bush's well kept secret for sure!



When I moved here nearly 2 years ago, I unexpectedly found the Hummingbird Cafe (then called the Cupboard) and fell straight in love. The best time to eat here is most definitely for breakfast, my all time favourite has got to be their eggs benedict with serrano ham and spinach. The Hummingbird always poach their eggs just right, there is nothing more satisfying than popping the yolk all over my plate. Gooey yolky yumminess! 


By bigging up the breakfasts I don't want to necessarily ignore the rest of its opening hours. Often after work I cannot resist popping in and buying myself a sweet treat. Their cakes and sandwiches often change regularly so i'm never stuck for choice. They sell a beautifully light currant bun, aptly named the QPR bun. A Hummingbird speciality is their lemon and rosemary sponge. Absolutely dripping with sweet, lemony, herby syrup, it has opened my eyes to baking with herbs. 


So if your ever in W12, head to Oaklands Grove. It would be a shame to miss this wonderful cafe come deli. Even if your not hungry, its worth a trip just for the coffee. 



No comments:

Post a Comment